an open note to moms who get plastic surgery:
since somehow you’re able to reconcile your hypocrisy about being in a role to promote and safeguard your child’s self-esteem with the smothering of your own, PLEASE, the next time you look your child in the eye, tell her
- that her value begins to plummet with each day she ages,
- that the smiles and laughs she enjoys will cause unsightly lines in her face,
- that each time she gazes in the mirror she should perfect the practice finding imperfections,
- that her truth within is second to how she is perceived without,
- that in order to be just as great as the woman she looks up to (you), that she should begin to hate herself as much as you have…
congratulations… i hope your cuts under the knife heal as quickly and smoothly as you planned.